On 15.05.11 18:50, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2011-05-15 18:08:36, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
>
> You are late!
>
> > so far, every RFC defining SMTP yet released. They all (821, 2821, 5321) say
> > at least 100 must be accepted.
>
> ...and what if your Mailserver can not handel  the  threatment  of   100
> recipients parallel, because spamfiltering is done per user?

Then the mailserver violates RFC, because it MUST handle at least 100 of
them. See RFC 5321, section 4.5.3.1.8.

> Here on my system it would start 100 spamassassin processes  which  will
> kill the machine!

Nobody requires you to execute 100 spamassassin processes and nobody
requires to run them them in parallel. However, the RFCs DOES require you
accepting at least 100 recipients at once.

> And of course, sending to 100 and more recipients at once, is 100%  spam
> on my system!

You can run spamassassin with safe global preferences for mail destined to
more recipients. Or, you can run different domains on different IPs with
different SA configurations. That could spare you from multiple checking
mail to multiple recipients.

> I have set the limit to 10 and even this is already  spam  which  I  see
> from the mail log.

Then you are violating the RFC. As I have already stated, where you violate
RFC, do not expect SMTP clients to behave as you want. If anyone will have
problems caused by you rejecting 11th recipient, it will be YOUR problem.

Don't blame me. You could blame the RFC but I believe its authors knew more
than you do.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.