On Sat, 3 Sep 2011, Peter Nitschke wrote:

Greylisting would just mean the first one would be delayed - the rest would
go through as they are identical emails.

If they are identical (same from, same to, same source IP), all copies would be delayed for the configured greylisting period after the first one was seen.

And if the spammer doesn't retry delivery, so much the better.

I would be looking to use Fail2ban as a solution depending on what your
logs show.

That is another possible option. The delays introduced by greylisting would help make this even more effective - if the log watcher sees the same ip/from/to multiple times in a minute in the greylist delay log entries, then the IP can be banned for a day, but again, if the sender doesn't retry, greylisting alone will suffice.