On 9/8/2011 5:07 AM, Steve wrote:
> This is the thing that was so very, very odd. The message is identical
> - including the headers. If I look at the first and last spam email in
> a 9-message block, then <ctrl>u to get the source, and paste them into
> files... diff confirms that the messages are byte-by-byte identical. I
> don't think it's my server that's doing the duplicating... as some
> spams arrive only once... even though the bulk of the spam I receive
> is repeated 9 times.

That is odd.  I don't know about your MTA, but mine assigns a unique id
number to each incoming email and writes it into the header.  This would
make it impossible for duplicated messages to have identical headers
unless the duplication happens within the MTA or at some point thereafter.

If you look at your mail logs, do you actually see 9 messages being
received?

--
Bowie