On 11/28/2011 2:25 PM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> Am 28.11.2011 20:17, schrieb Daniel McDonald:
>> On 11/28/11 12:55 PM, "dar...@chaosreigns.com" <dar...@chaosreigns.com>
>> wrote:
>>> If there are better blocklists that are not used by spamassassin, please
>>> open a bug to have it evaluated.  Even if the data is not freely available,
>>> it would be useful to list on the spamassassin wiki.
>> The best RBLS for getting rid of snow-shoe spammers are from Invaluement,
>> but it is available by subscription only.
> the best rbl is the one you dont need, a case which is very rare these
> days *g

I guess I must be dumb because Robert Schetterer's last sentence above
makes absolutely no sense to me.

Instead, imo, the RBLs that you *do* need are the ones with (1) extreme
few FPs and (2) which block spams that your other currently implemented
RBLs are missing (particularly compared to those other RBLs w/extreme
low FPs since RBLs with moderate-to-high FPs are either worthless, or
can't be depended upon except for very low scoring... and that makes
their unique "hits" not nearly as valuable as such hits are on a
dependable low FP list).

--
Rob McEwen
http://dnsbl.invaluement.com/