On 04/30/2014 12:35 PM, Michael Storz wrote:
Am 2014-04-30 11:08, schrieb Tom Hendrikx:
On 04/30/2014 11:00 AM, Axb wrote:
On 04/30/2014 10:30 AM, Michael Storz wrote:
Am 2014-04-30 10:23, schrieb Axb:
On 04/30/2014 10:10 AM, Michael Storz wrote:
Are there any plans for a DMARC plugin for SpamAssassin? Reacting
to a
DMARC policy of reject (AOL/Yahoo) seems only feasible with
SpamAssassin
because so many exceptions are needed for software which destryes
DKIM
signatures:

- mailing lists
- MS Exchange
- Novell GroupWise
- Lotus Domino Server ???
- web form emails
- ESPs

exceptions, which could be configured via SpamAssassin rules.

How could a SA plugin help?
Isn't this something that should be handled at MTA level?

Well, we are using amavisd-new in prequeue filtering mode. In our
configuration a score of 5 will quarantine an email, a score of 10 will
reject the email.

You can submit a feature request in SA's bugzilla....

and in the meantime may want to look at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/opendmarc/

I proposed a DMARC plugin for spamassassin on the dmarc mailing list
last year, to make it easier for people to give DMARC a spin. They
didn't really like the idea (I still do), because a simple plugin
wouldn't do the report sending, which is an important part of DMARC.

Regards,
    Tom

Matt Simerson (who is on DMARC-diskuss) already did the necessary work
(Mail::DMARC) which allows to programm a full featured plugin with
reporting. Therefore writing a plugin is not that difficult anymore.

Writing a plugin isn't that difficult, but somebody has to do it.
Code submissions are welcome and may be added to SA setup after review, etc.

Any takers?