On Apr 30, 2014, at 5:05 AM, Christian Laußat <us...@spamassassin.shambhu.info>
wrote:

> Am 30.04.2014 12:34, schrieb Michael Storz:
>> Am 2014-04-30 11:00, schrieb Axb:
>>> On 04/30/2014 10:30 AM, Michael Storz wrote:
>>> and in the meantime may want to look at
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/opendmarc/
>> OpenDMARC is ok for the original goal of DMARC, protecting
>> transactional email, but not for email from normal ISPs like AOL and
>> Yahoo. SA ist at the moment the better and in my eyes the only
>> feasible solution.
>
> OpenDMARC also works well as a classifier in front of SA. The default config
> doesn't reject mails, it only adds an Authentication-Results header which you
> can use in SA:
>
> header   DMARC_PASS Authentication-Results =~ /YourAuthserverID; dmarc=pass /
> describe DMARC_PASS DMARC validation seems valid
> tflags   DMARC_PASS nice
> score    DMARC_PASS -1.1
>
> header   DMARC_FAIL Authentication-Results =~ /YourAuthserverID; dmarc=fail /
> describe DMARC_FAIL DMARC validation failed
> score    DMARC_FAIL 3.7

I kind of like this idea, because many domains publishes a monitoring policy.
So openDMARC may fail the message but still accept it…

Anyhow, there are some missing rules in spamassassin to move to better domain
responsibility:

-From: header is present and there is only one header
-extract all domains in envelope-from, from, rcpt-to, sender and make sure they
do exists and have either MX, A or AAAA record.
-extract all the above domains and domains from helo and dkim d= and ensure
they are no in spamhaus DBL, SURBL or URIBL
- ...