On Sat, 2014-05-24 at 02:36 +0200, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:

> > > Is that everything that was upgraded, or just the Perl bits?
> >
> > Just the Perl bits.
>
> Figured as much. That rather rhetorical question was meant as a gentle
> hint for you to dive down other upgrades, possibly listing them here.
> Something changed, something broke. Coincidence? ;)

I've looked down the list a couple of times and didn't see anything I
thought would affect it due to a possibly bad assumption that this sort
of error would be insulated from the underlying binary code by at least
one layer of Perl library code.

I'll post the complete list either later today or on Tuesday (this is
the start of the second May Bank Holiday weekend).

> > > Martin, is spamd running and responding? Try pinging it:
> > >
> > >   spamc -K
> >
> > Yes, when I started it. 'spamc -K' said   SPAMD/1.5 0
>
> By "started it", do you mean starting the daemon simply for that test,
> or did you ping spamd after launching your dev test rig?

Yes, I meant starting it. As I said, this problem surfaced on the box I
use for SA rules development, actually a Lenovo laptop. Consequently SA
only runs on it during a rules test: all my test scripts are written to
start spamd, run the test and stop it.

> Clean room vs. production conditions...

Yes, exactly. I have another script that copies the SA configuration
from the testing box to the live machine and then restarts the live copy
of spamd. That said, the run-time environment of spamd on the testing
machine is as near to identical with the live system as I can reasonably
make it.

Martin