On 12/3/2014 7:38 AM, Jim Clausing wrote:
What I haven't noticed anyone else mention is that I was getting that
error message even though the perl on my Ubuntu 14.04 system is 5.18.2.

No, they mentioned it - the problem is that the proposed "fix" to allow inclusion of the new fancy rules only works with newer Perl versions. The argument now is since the proposed fix breaks antique versions of Perl, are we going to tell those people to pound sand or not?

Ted

--
Jim Clausing
GIAC GSE #26, GREM-Gold, CISSP

On or about Tue, 2 Dec 2014, Noel Butler pontificated thusly: