Am 24.02.2015 um 22:49 schrieb Alex Regan:
for a few months I'm getting lots of Polish spam to one of my e-mail
addresses, sometimes a dozen per day. I have no idea what it's telling
me, I don't understand a single word. I just recognise characteristic
characters to know the language. Some messages have a .pl domain as
sender address, others not. The sending hosts have all kinds of TLDs.
Most messages have only a very short or empty body (a few words at
maximum). Almost all messages contain a .zip attachment, often named
like *_JPG.zip or *.pdf.zip. It doesn't seem to contain malware caught
by clamav, but I haven't looked into any of these archives yet.

I have a number of mime_header_checks rules that reject unwanted file
types. This can also be done with amavisd.

Does anyone know/think it would be a good idea to add ".pdf.zip" to the
mime types reject list? Has anyone seen a real example that wasn't a virus?

well, if i right click ona PDF file at my KDE desktop the context menu offers a simple option to compress it as zip archive resulting in origin-name.pdf.zip

here you go: http://sanesecurity.com/usage/signatures/
the zip is not the problem, the content is interesting

as already mentioned: http://sanesecurity.com/foxhole-databases/