Am 25.02.2015 um 23:04 schrieb Dave Warren:
On 2015-02-25 12:18, David F. Skoll wrote:
So far, no major complaints.  The few who really need to send such files
rename them to .ex_ before zipping them up.  We have a fairly large
userbase (more than 140,000) so I think we would have heard lots of
complaints by now if people really couldn't live with the policy.

Seconded. I run a small hosting company with email for hundreds of
clients, I've had a grand total of 0 complaints about blocking EXE, SCR,
COM and similar types. We maybe get one inquiry per year about it, but
no one has ever had a problem with .ex_ solutions, and they generally
understand and appreciate the approach.

It scales up to large installations as well, Google blocks executable
files (even if zipped) too, and they seem to be doing alright in the
email world: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6590?hl=en

That's an interesting point, I wouldn't have thought it could work. I was thinking about installing a "private" file sharing website for our users already (ad-free and with authentication only), so that could go together well with an announcement that executable files would no longer be allowed in e-mails.

--
Yves Goergen
http://unclassified.software