On 3/26/15, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 25.03.2015 um 14:56 schrieb Nick Edwards:
>>> if i need to take the phone and ask the admin if a mail was discarded or
>>> just not delivered at the moment the mailservice is shit
>>
>> get into the real world, and there you go again someone does different
>> than reindl does so they must be shit.  jesus christ you have a lame
>> outlook on life, get used to the fact  because someone does something
>> different than you, doesnt mean its bad.
>
> you should get into the real world
>
> if iw rite a mail and don't get a bounce i have to expect it was
> delivered, if mail delivery is not trustable it is shit - not because
> you are doing it different than me - but because your mailservice is
> some sort of lottery

BINGO!

Thats exactly what mail delivery has been for nearing 25 years.

An Enormous number of service providers in the western world will
discard spam messages we do nothing special or out of the ordinary,
the lottery game is for the spammers, they have no idea if anyone read
their trash or not, if your message is not spam it would be delivered.

we have 3.8 million users, so I think we would know pretty quickly if
we were doing it wrong.

you will just have to accept the world doesnt follow your handbook or wishes.

>>> a reject at SMTP level in case of spam don't produce bounces anywhere,
>>> but the bot may interpret as "that RCPT don't accept mail" - with a
>>
>> bots have not learned from 55x messages  EVER they dont care, they
>> never have they never will, they will resend their shit 50 times a
>> second without hesitation anyone whos been a mail admin for more than
>> 5 years knows this
>
> in the time you wrote that paragraph you could have opened the
> attachment, the curve of RBL rejects moved dramatically down while the
> number of daily delivered mail is unchanged

RBL blocks are still very significant around here, dont presume that
we see what you see, same as I'd never presume you'd see what we see,
I can say that with fact because the regions hitting our hamburg
servers are nothing like what hits our hong kong servers, and vice
versa.