On 3/25/15, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 25.03.2015 um 11:17 schrieb Niamh Holding:
>> Hello Reindl,
>>
>> Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 9:51:48 AM, you wrote:
>>
>> RH> i don't know the UK laws but in germany it's for sure not allowed
>> RH> because it's legally classified identical to a postman says "meh i
>> don't
>> RH> walk to go upstairs today and throw the letter away"
>>
>> RH> if you pretend to provide relieable mailservices it should be
>> logically
>> RH> that discard instead reject so that none of both parties can take
>> notice
>> RH> in case of false positives is not that smart
>>
>> Better go tel MS as that's exactly what hotmail and live do
>
> because others do wrong is not a good justification

Doesnt mean its the wrong thing, our companies secondary mx's are in
Hamburg and we can discard who we want, RFC's   say so

> barracuda networks does the same (which i did not imagine) and hence we

barrqacuda is shit, has bee shit and always will be shit

> that game is over at the moment you got a complaint from the sender
> proving you MX has responded with "250 OK" and the message was never
> delivered - that is *not* how SMTP is designed to work

read up on your RFC's, silent discard is permitted for spam, has been
RFC'd for few years now replacing old 2822 or whatever it was