You should be running a local dns caching server like BIND or PowerDNS Recursor
on a mail server to
help prevent time outs that can allow RBL checks to become ineffective.

It's possible that your outbound mail could be hitting those RBLs in SA in the
event of a compromised
account or the last-external IP in the Received: depending on what internal
mail server you use and if
it puts that information in as X-Originating-IP or Received headers of the
sending mail client.  I would
recommend keeping those RBLs in SA to help with outbound scanning and in case
they get past the
MTA-level RBL checking.

It shouldn't be duplicate hits to Zen/XBL/PBL if you have sendmail rejecting
that message from
making it to SA.  If you get any of those RBL hits in SA that sendmail is
configured to reject on, then
there must be some sendmail access list allowing it to bypass the RBL checks.

Esets NOD32 is very fast, very inexpensive, and works well with MailScanner.

The invaluement RBL is not expensive either and it is awesome.  We pay
thousands per year for
a Spamhaus feed because of our volume and mailboxes.  The invaluement RBL is
only hundreds
per year and it's almost as good as Spamhaus Zen.  I have Spamhaus in front of
invaluement  in
my postfix configuration but I may try flipping the order just to see if it
will start blocking more
than Spamhaus.

Dave