Am 29.06.2015 um 20:00 schrieb Ted Mittelstaedt:
I have users who sometimes want to receive mail from a system in an RBL.
It's their mailbox, they are paying for it.  Why should I not let them
do it?

these are corporate customers getting mail from other corporate
customers who are completely clueless that they are on an RBL and don't
give a damn if you told them they were.

what exactly did you not understand in "RBL scoring"

frankly a server on enough RBLs to get rejected by it would also reach the sa-score for a milter reject

My experience is RBLs don't guarantee "dead sure spam"   Unfortunately,
the effectiveness of RBLs has drastically decreased in recent years, at
least for the mail _I_ am getting.  Too much spam is coming in now
that's from IPs that are not on ANY RBLs but clearly ought to be

when you *score* multiple RBLs combined with DNSWL and the reject score is high enough you can guarantee it and even when most of the rest comes from gmail, yahoo and friends there are every day 40 times more RBL rejects than spamass-milter rejects