On 6/29/2015 10:39 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
tell me one reason why should i waste 1-5 seconds for on some days a
million blocked mails while i can get rid of them in ms?

On 29.06.15 11:00, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
Because, it's 1-5 seconds.  If it was 1-5 minutes then sure.

million times 1-5 seconds is stil some time...

every contentfilter is expensive, frankly even let the client go so far
that he starts to send mailbody while you already know for sure you can
quit the connection is expensive

Unless your running a) free or b) corporate mailservers, the client is
PAYING YOU for that content filtering.  It's not your money, it's his
money.  Spend it!

Since (nearly) all customers search ways to pay less money for their
services, it's often worth to avoid spending their money for something that
is not really needed.

1. yes, I know this is often way to hell, but not always

2. I don't agree with Harald very often, but I find smtp-time scoring safe,
if properly set up

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.