On 09.11.15 13:23, Phil Reynolds wrote:
I have recently transferred all of my email system to a new machine,
but spamassassin is not yet fully functional.

It seems that it is trying to use /var/mail/.spamassassin as a data
directory - this is fine, but it does not appear to be correctly set up.

Is spamd running under the "mail" userid? Why?

What can I do to get this directory right and working? Also, what do I
need to do to enable access to spamd from my other machines, where the
mail is actually read?

you need to connect spamd from machines that accept/deliver and thus spam
filter your mail.

Linux - It's now safe to turn on your computer.
Linux - Teraz mozete pocitac bez obav zapnut.