El día Tuesday, November 24, 2015 a las 08:29:40PM +0100, Reindl Harald
escribió:

> > WHy you dunno this? My mail must arrive somewhere, from where I can
> > fetch it with fetchmail+imap when I'm online again with my FreeBSD netbook
> > or
> > my Ubuntu mobile phone
>
> normally a sane ISP *should* have proper spamfilters

yes, it *should* but does not;

> and provide IMAP
> directly, so no need for fetchmail and a local filter - but your
> decision,

I could use IMAP directly with, for example, mutt -f imaps://imap.1blu.de
and mutt can to SMTP upstream directly; but this would mean to be online
all the time while reading; in situations where you pay by time of
connection (for example in hotels in Havana), it is better to fetch all mails
in a
few seconds, drop the Internet connection (and stop paying), read and
answer offline, open Internet again and send all answers out upstream at
once; do you get my point?

> if i would be you i would rop the ISP, point the MX to a cheap
> VPS and install my own MTA + Postscreen + SpamAssassin + IMAP there

what is a VPS?

        matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ g...@unixarea.de, 🌐 http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎