Been doing this for a couple of years now.

>What I'm doing now is whitelisting the domains that are good, but doing
>SPF checks on the from address.

whitelist_auth does this against SPF_PASS and DKIM_VALID_AU

>If the from address is whitelisted AND the SPF of the from address is
>good - I pass the email.

I sent an email to the list about a month ago trying to explain this
and see if there was any interest in setting up something to share
these lists via saupdate just like paypal.com is done in the
60_whitelist_dkim.cf.

I have over 3,000 whitelist_auth entries now and growing weekly
based on low scores during the past week and some other characteristics.

Seems like we could setup a clearinghouse much like the masscheck
where entries could be submitted and then evaluated for approval.

Dave