In several of our pages, the default locale we want to use for messages
depends on its activation context. We tried updating the locale using
'ThreadLocale' from within the activate event handler, but it seems that
this is too late, for the page has already been loaded and all messages
in the template resolved using whatever locale was in effect at the time
of loading. Is there some way we can force the messages to be reloaded
after setting the thread locale in the activate event handler, or is
there some point before the page is loaded at which we can access the
page class and the activation context in order to set the locale?

Thanks,
Doug