From: Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo [mailto:thiag...@gmail.com]
Sent: January-21-09 1:49 PM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: T5: Component Suggestion/Question

Em Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:20:33 -0300, James Sherwood
<jsherw...@rgisolutions.com> escreveu:

> I need this page to be dynamic whereby and admin can change fields
> without refreshing the page.

Not refreshing a page => AJAX!

Put your Form inside a Zone and submit the form through AJAX.

Something like:

        <form t:type="form" t:zone="zone" t:id="form">
                .. your fields here.
        </form>

@InjectComponent
private Zone zone;

@OnEvent(value = EventConstants.VALIDATE_FORM, component="form">
public Object validate() {

        if (form has validation errors) {
                return zone;
        }
        else {
                return null; // let the form submission process continue

@OnEvent(value = EventConstants.SUCCESS, component="form">
public Object sucess() {
        // do whatever you want
        return zone;