Em Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:01:43 -0300, James Sherwood <jsherw...@rgisolutions.com> escreveu:

You are like our own little tapestry tutor, and its MUCH appreciated:)

I'm just a guy who wants to bring sanity and pleasure and elegance (Tapestry 5!) to the Java Web development world . . . :) And a guy with a little too much free time in his hands, as I'm currenty working part-time in a project with a local company and the rest of the time in my own projects. All them implemented in Tapestry and the Ars Machina Project packages (www.arsmachina.com.br/project) . . .

Before I go looking into the code, would it be possible to build one whereby
you just click an image to change hidden/shown of the form fragment?

I think so: it would be a matter of writing/generating Javascript code handling the click event of an image/link/whatever and showing/hiding the form fragment. It shouldn't be hard.

If so would I just start by basing it off the built in checkbox component?

I think you will find the answers you want in the TriggerFragment component (http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/mixins/TriggerFragment.html). Look at the Javascript it adds to the page and try to imitate it in your component.

Unfortunately the checkbox is such an ugly/clunky implementation of a really awesome little component.

I agree . . .

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago