jQuery and Prototype have similar capabilities implemented in
extremely different ways.

My intention is to factor out what T5 and the standard components use
into a thin wrapper library around either Prototype or jQuery, or
others (such as Ext, YUI, etc.).  Name you favorite JS library and
you'll hear people call out their favorites you've never even heard
of!

At this point, Tapestry has had enough JS exposure for me to identify
a minimum set of common operations.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry