One thing I have considered in the past is to be able to define
"phases" for an ordered configuration, and place contributions within
a phase, but also ordered relative to other contributions in that
phase.  Thus the service author would define (and document) a few
phases, and contributions would go into those phases. The phases
themselves would be ordered. So in your case, there might be a
"FinalValidation" phase that, by default, just contained
"UnclaimedField" and you could add your HasOnActivate contribution
inside that phase.

Even without code changes, we could create a few null contributions
(that is allowed) that exist just as placeholders.  So we could
contribute a "FinalValidation" element, order most things
"before:FinalValidation" an dorder UnclaimedField
"after:FinalValidation".

Another alternative I've considered is new API that would allow you to
modify existing contribution's constraints.

Yes, this is complicated, because the basic concept is complicated in
certain edge cases. The complexity is just an outgrown of the design
requirements: handling the addition of any number of modules at
runtime, and the growth of the framework over time.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:03 AM, trsvax <trs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd try creating a dummy worker called beforeUnclaimedField  and make it
>
> before:UnclaimedField
>
> then change yours to
>
> after:beforeUnclaimedField

Howard M. Lewis Ship