ok I got control of this now... my login works and home page displays

having opened up my code for first time since June 2013, I saw I was stomping
out BOOTSTRAP as recommended in the apache tapestry appmodule config page...
which tells you to do this

        configuration.add(SymbolConstants.BOOTSTRAP_ROOT,
"classpath:/META-INF/assets");

and supplement blank css and js files for bootstrap.

Thats what was causing me this original error.

I took away the above configuration and now my app runs.

So I do not know why documented recommended practice failed to work. if I find
out I will tell. Geoff, if you want to try and configure bootstrap as
recommended you may reproduce this.

Has anyone successfully integrated ANGULAR ? Some folks say that tapestry might
interfere with such an integration by use of the hidden pattern during  markup.
Any tips on this are appreciated.

Thanks
Ken