You probably will need to update the setting of -XX:MaxPermSize=
I believe the default value is 64m.

cheers - Warren

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Dippold [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:57 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

We are using tomcat 5.5.12 and every couple days the tomcat server goes down
hard and the last line in the log is:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

It appears to only happen if we:
Update jsp pages
Reload Webapp
Deploy Webapp

If we do not do any of the following the server runs great with no problems
which makes me wonder if it has to do with our application or tomcat.  We are
planning on restarting tomcat each night for now, but we do not want to do that
if we shouldnt have to.

Please Advise.

Thanks,
Mike