On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:57 AM, J. Brian Hall <jbrianhall...@me.com> wrote:
> Leo,

No, it doesn't matter about your dev environment.  But if the cert
came from someone else, the reason you're getting the Certificate
error in your browser is because the cert wasn't issued to your domain
and wasn't issued by anyone that is a trusted authority to issue certs
in the first place.

> Just because the cert wasn't issued by a trusted source doesn't mean you
> can't self sign one yourself and use it.  If you created the cert correctly,
> and install it in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store, you
> "shouldn't" get that error message.
>
> Response: Assuming the webapp developer created the certs correctly, how do
> I install them in the Trusted Root Authorities store?

In your browser, I'm assuming IE, click on the Certificate Error next
to the address bar, then View Certificate, then Install Certificate.

Using that import wizard, choose the radio option to place the cert in
the following place.  Click browse, then click "Trusted Root
Certification Authorities"  and finish out the wizard.

I probably wouldn't do this if I were you.  I would generate my own
self signed certificate instead and install that the way I just
described.

If you forget that OWF cert is installed and happen to browse to a
site that requires that cert and the site is really unsafe, you won't
be happy later.