> From: J. Brian Hall [mailto:jbrianhall...@me.com]
> Subject: Installing the OWF webapp to an existing Tomcat Instance

> if I access OWF through Tomcat's Application Manager, the URL address
> it follows goes to http://localhost:8080/owf/ when it should go to
> https://localhost:8443/owf/

That's expected - the manager doesn't know that the specified app is for https
use only.  However, there could be a problem with your server.xml file in
Tomcat's conf directory, so you should post that here with comments removed and
sensitive information masked out.  Also, look in the various Tomcat log files
to see if the application initialized properly.

> if I go to this site directly, the browser title bar just shows the
> message "Waiting for localhost" and never does anything.

Could be a certificate problem.

> Other details of my setup:
> -Windows 7
> -Tomcat 7.0.42
> -MySQL 5.6 (Note that I followed the directions on p. 12-13 to integrate with
> MySQL).
> -JDK 1.7.0_51-b13

Thanks for that; many people forget.

> Sorry to ask this question on this list, but I don't know where else to go.

This is an appropriate place for such questions.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.