Brian,

On 2/24/14, 6:46 PM, J. Brian Hall wrote:
> Hey Chuck, thanks (I was worried someone would yell at me for
> posting this question here).  Responses are below ...
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Caldarale, Charles R
> [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com] Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014
> 6:26 PM To: Tomcat Users List Subject: RE: Installing the OWF
> webapp to an existing Tomcat Instance
>
>> From: J. Brian Hall [mailto:jbrianhall...@me.com] Subject:
>> Installing the OWF webapp to an existing Tomcat Instance
>
>> if I access OWF through Tomcat's Application Manager, the URL
>> address it follows goes to http://localhost:8080/owf/ when it
>> should go to https://localhost:8443/owf/
>
> That's expected - the manager doesn't know that the specified app
> is for https use only.  However, there could be a problem with your
> server.xml file in Tomcat's conf directory, so you should post that
> here with comments removed and sensitive information masked out.
> Also, look in the various Tomcat log files to see if the
> application initialized properly.
>

> Thanks.  Two comments:
>
> 1. The only thing I added to server.xml per the instructions is:
>
> <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
> maxThreads="150" scheme="https" secure="true"
> keystoreFile="certs/keystore.jks" keystorePass="changeit"
> clientAuth="want" sslProtocol="TLS" />

Sanity check: you do have a certs/keystore.jks file and the password
is in fact "changeIt", right? It would be best to fully-qualify the
path of the keystore file.

> 2. Log files.  Yes, the webapp fails to initialize.  Here's the
> first few lines:
>
> ERROR org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader  - Context
> initialization failed
> creating bean with name 'messageSource': Initialization of bean
> failed; nested exception is
> creating bean with name 'transactionManager': Cannot resolve
> reference to bean 'sessionFactory' while setting bean property
> 'sessionFactory'; nested exception is
> creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Cannot resolve reference
> to bean 'hibernateProperties' while setting bean property
> 'hibernateProperties'; nested exception is
> creating bean with name 'hibernateProperties': Cannot resolve
> reference to bean 'dialectDetector' while setting bean property
> 'properties' with key [hibernate.dialect]; nested exception is
> creating bean with name 'dialectDetector': Invocation of init
> method failed; nested exception is
> org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException

Failure to deploy ought to either cause Tomcat to immediately stop
after trying to start or continue running and issue 404 responses for
requests to /owf/ -- depending upon the severity of the error.

Is there anything suspicious in logs/catalina.out (or any other log
file in logs/ for that matter)?