Daniel Mikusa wrote:
On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 12:42 AM, Michael Salisbury <mich...@skypoint.co.nz>
wrote:

 Hi there,

I’m trying to get the above working using Tomcat 8.0, previously working
with 7.0.  This is part of a WebDAV connector in Confluence.

It seems I can connect from anything other than a Windows Mini Redirector
client (Windows 7 or 8.1, x86 or x64).  Using a web browser or 3rd party
client (CyberDuck for instance) connects OK.

You should do a search in Google for "Windows and DAV".
The various implementations over the years of DAV in MS Windows are a real
horror story.
As far as I know (but it varies according to Windows versions and patches, and even according to whatever other software is installed on the workstation) :
- recent version of Windows will only accept to connect to DAV folders via HTTPS
- recent and less recent versions of Windows will only accept to connect to a DAV folder, if that DAV folder is at the "document root" of the webserver

In other words, for all practical purposes, you /have to/ use a third-party
client.
(WebDrive is another one which I know works)

And if you don't, be prepared for a lot of support calls..

What happens when you try to connect with the Windows Mini Redirector?  Do
you get a client error?  If so, what?  Do you get any errors or messages in
the Tomcat logs?  If not, you might try running wireshark to investigate
further.  Capture packets from a working client and packets from the MS
client then look to see what's different.

That said, the fact that it's working for a large selection of clients
except one, seems to point to a problem with the client and not your Tomcat
setup.  What makes you think this is a Tomcat issue?  Was there something
specific you had to do in Tomcat 7 to make the MS client work?

Dan

There are some registry keys in Windows one needs to enable to get this
working first:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Internet]

"BasicAuthLevel"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters]

"BasicAuthLevel"=dword:00000001

"UseBasicAuth"=dword:00000001

Server.xml

protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"

acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"

clientAuth="false" sslProtocols="TLS" SSLEnabled="true"

URIEncoding="UTF-8"

keystoreType="PKCS12"

keystoreFile="${catalina.base}/conf/certname.pfx"

keystorePass="keypassword"/>

I’m fairly new to this, but have done a fair bit of reading to get it
working previously in Tomcat7…so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

*Michael Salisbury*

*Senior Systems Architect*   |   *P*  07 960 7011  |   *E*
mich...@skypoint.co.nz   |   *W*  skypoint.co.nz

Waikato Innovation Park, Ruakura Rd, PO Box 9466, Hamilton 3240, NZ

[image: cid:image001.png@01CF0265.772EC520]

Please send any support enquiries to *E* supp...@skypoint.co.nz

[image: MCSA_2013(rgb)_14802]          [image: HP Accredited Technical
Professional]