On 22/06/2015 00:25, Michael Salisbury wrote:
> Thanks, I've done much searching - hence why I'm finally posting here.
>
> Windows WebDAV is actually quite reasonable

Many people would disagree with that statement. It hasn't been updated
since the early days of Windows 7 but this site gives you an idea of
just what a disaster the Windows WebDAV client has been:
http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webdav-redirector-list.html

It is possible that things have improved in the last few years but the
fact that Tomcat's WebDAV implementation works with a bunch of standards
compliant clients and only fails with the Windows client suggests that
the Windows client still has some issues.

> - a lot of what one reads on the internet is because people don't know how to
> configure it.  It won't pass basic authentication across a connection by
> default, you have to turn it on and there are two different settings for
> allowing it over SSL only or a non-encrypted connection.
>
> When connecting from a Windows client (any Windows client) I get a 'network
> path not found' error 0x80070035.  I know the path is valid as I can reach it
> via other means, and other WebDAV clients.
>
> The main reason I think this is a Tomcat issue is that it was working just
> fine with v7.0 and no other Windows client changes (updates, software etc.)
> have been made.  There wasn't anything specific in the Tomcat7 config that I
> needed to get the MS client to work, only on the client itself those registry
> changes as previously mentioned.

What about the WebdavFixFilter? Is it configured in Tomcat 7 but not 8?

> I'll run a Wireshark trace and see what comes up, nothing in the Tomcat logs
> that I can see...

I'll do a quick test now and see what I can come up with.

Mark