Am 12.06.2016 um 15:20 schrieb paul.greene.va:
> Thank you. I wasn't involved at all in the previous upgrade or the
> original installation of Tomcat and/or HP Service Manager.

Based on this information, I'd install a vanilla version of 7.0 53 next
to your currently installed application that uses the same version. Then
run a diff to figure out what kinds of settings have been changed during
the previous installations. Identify them, document them (so that you
have this documentation next time).

Don't forget to backup /everything/, especially as you seem to not have
too much experience with this environment. Be aware that I typically
only allow someone to name a bunch of file "backup" if they've
demonstrated that they can /recover/ from that set of files to a
completely new environment. This might be a bit too much for the task at
hand, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Most likely there will be new files and directories in webapps/* and
lib/*, as well as changed files in conf/*.

Tomcat is most likely installed as a service on your windows machine.
Depending on how this has been done, there might be more work for you to
do than just replace some files. You should make yourself familiar with
the steps to install tomcat as a service if it already is on your machine.

In general, upgrading tomcat, especially within the same major version
/theoretically/ is as simple as dropping in the new version - however,
as files /might/ have changed names, it really makes sense to install to
a new location (as Daniel has suggested). This way you can compare both
installations and their plain vanilla installs (without your own
application). Once the new version is running successfully, you can
always get rid of the old one - until then you'll have it unchanged.

With regards to the keystore: If you're referencing this, it probably
doesn't need to be updated (that will be required once the current
certificate runs out). You can typically just continue to use the same
one from the upgraded version

Olaf