On 7/23/2016 4:12 AM, André Warnier (tomcat) wrote:
> On 23.07.2016 02:37, Paul Roubekas wrote:
>>> I tried going with ajp with the following configuration after reading

>> After changing the ProxyPass config to the IP address of my Fedora
>> Server I now get Service Unavailable
>>
>> With only the following changes to the default httpd.conf
>>
>> ServerName 70.63.204.226:80
>>
>> ProxyPass         /  ajp://70.63.[redacted].[redacted]:8080/
>>

>>    503
>>

>>    Service Unavailable
>>
>> The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
>> maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
>>

> Revert you changes above (ServerName etc.)
> and try with just this :
>
> ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/MyApp
> ProxyPassReverse / ajp://localhost:8009/MyApp
>
> where
> 8009 : is the port mentioned in the Tomcat AJP <Connector>
> MyApp : is the name of the Tomcat application (the directory under
> /webapps/). Or if under Tomcat your application is the ROOT
> application, then just leave out "MyApp" above.
>
> Reason : both Apache httpd and Apache Tomcat have some default
> configuration values in terms of what IP address and port they are
> listening on, and in terms of naming of their respective "virtual
> hosts". By making changes left and right there, you are interfering
> with these defaults, and that only makes the situation more confusing.
> So first let's concentrate on getting your Tomcat app to respond, and
> then we'll make further changes if needed, to get the exact behaviour
> you're after.
>
> Note : in the standard "out-of-the-box" Tomcat configuration (in
> "server.xml") the AJP <Connector> is normally commented-out. Make sure
> that it is uncommented before starting Tomcat.  And while you're at
> it, verify that the port it mentions is 8009.  That what it is by
> default, and why I mentioned 8009 above.
That did work.  :-) http://www.myDomain.com gets me to Tomcat where my
ROOT webapp is deployed.  Thank you very much!!!

A few things that still need correction...

Not all my webpages/servlets are https, just one is https.  I can
navigate to any page on the site, except the https page, and the prefix
stays at http://.  But once I hit the https page/servlet two things happen.
1) The prefix stays at https:// for any other page in the site, even
though the other pages were severed up as http:// in the past.
2) The port number 8443 now shows in the address bar and does not go away.
What still needs to be done to fix the above two issues.?

Later, after the above is fixed, I will be adding Bugzilla and phpBB to
the Fedora 23 server.  I am assuming phpBB and Bugzilla don't support
ajp, and/or I don't need the ajp protocol.  Is that correct?  AJP is
just for Tomcat?

Since the below questions are off topic I will not be hurt if they are
not answered.  I will go on to another internet search.
The https configurations for phpBB and Bugzilla will just be...

For phpBB:
ProxyPass /bb http://localhost:80/bb
ProxyPassReverse /bb http://localhost:80/bb

For Bugzilla: