From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: July 13, 2006 4:55 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat Not An App Server

How do your webapps communicate with the core services?

cheers,

David

  |       To:       "'Tomcat Users List'" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  RE: Tomcat Not An App Server

Sorry guys I didn't mean to offend anyone.  I know that Tomcat offers a lot
but what I meant is as you said, it's not a full J2EE App Server, like
JBoss, WebSphere ...

What I have is a large enterprise application that does have a web
application.  In fact it has many.  These web apps rely on our core
services
to be running.  Within JBoss etc I can install this as an EAR or SAR and
JBoss will start it.

I was wondering if there is anything in Tomcat like that, were my Core
Services could get loaded/started before the tomcat web container loads the
web apps.  Thus I wouldn't have to code anything into the web apps
themselves to try and start it.

TIA

Mike Wannamaker