Hi community!

We're the maintainers of Apache APISIX. To better present how our community
grows, we develop a tool to show contributors growing history on
https://github.com/api7/contributor-graph. Since we found it helpful, we
think maybe if it could help some other community.

**WHAT IT IS**

https://contributor-graph-api.apiseven.com/contributors-svg?chart=contributorOverTime&repo=apache/tomcat

Basically, it just shows the contributors growth over time. We would update
the graph each day, so the link would always present the real-time data.
With the graph We could easily find the contributors of tomcat grows
rapidly these years. There is some other stuff to [play around](
https://www.apiseven.com/en/contributor-graph) if you would like to give it
a try~

**HOW IT WORKS**

We use Github API to get all commits, try to find the “Github way” to
filter commits so the result data would be similar to Github, and then get
the first commit time of each user.

I found it might be a good place to place the graph on the bottom of "who
we are" page <https://tomcat.apache.org/whoweare.html>, but I'm familiar
with the structure of tomcat so I failed to find the method to create PR to
add the graph. If you found this graph useful, do you mind giving me some
hints on where should I change in the repo?

Don't hesitate to tell us if there is a better place to present this graph
other than README, or there are some other worries or other features you
would like to have~