> can you print the contents of context.xml?

Absolutely Martin,

The parameters are there, but they are included as attributes instead of
contained as the body of an element. I'm not sure if this matters or not,
but I have it implemented a way I saw it done in a "JNDI Datasource How-To"
on Apache's site.

Here's the context.xml file I'm currently using -

<Context path="/flc" docBase="flc" debug="5" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
    <Resource name="jdbc/flc" auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
              url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@devdb1.mydomain.com:1521:flcdb"
              username="myuser" password="mypass" maxActive="20"
maxIdle="10"
              maxWait="-1" removeAbandoned="true"
removeAbandonedTimeout="180"
              logAbandoned="true"/>