From: Darren Hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 11:53 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Database connection pooling in Tomcat 5.5

More progress with this issue.
It seems that on our development server (solaris box running solaris 10) the
connection pool connects properly. However on my local box (a Windows XP SP2
box where I'm doing my development before I move it to dev) the connection
pool returns to me an "invalid username/password" error. Both environments
are using exactly the same web.xml, context.xml, database credentials, etc.
In fact I used the same war file compiled from my local box to get the
initial version of the code up on our dev box.

Obviously it's a configuration issue - but where? Why does it work on the
dev server and not on my local box?? I'm really scratching my head on this
one.

-D

Here's the context.xml file I'm currently using -

<Context path="/flc" docBase="flc" debug="5" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
    <Resource name="jdbc/flc" auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
              url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@devdb1.mydomain.com:1521:flcdb"
              username="myuser" password="mypass" maxActive="20"
maxIdle="10"
              maxWait="-1" removeAbandoned="true"
removeAbandonedTimeout="180"
              logAbandoned="true"/>