Charles,

I followed the recommendations and certainly fixed the issue, however
doing so, I've created another problem:

Here is the current setup that worked and resolved the issue but it
created issues in serving JSP pages.

$CATALINA_BASE/conf/Engine/Host/ROOT.xml:

<Context docBase="/path/to/public_html" debug="0" swallowOutput="true">
</Context>

$CATALINA_BASE/conf/server.xml:

      <Host name="Host" appBase="/path/to/public_html/servlet"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

No Context path defined in it.

---

If we drop a Hello World JSP script in /path/to/public_html/servlet

(web server has a URL mapping to pass all request that matches servlet
OR .jsp extensions to Tomcat)

http://domain.com/helloworld.jsp -works.
http://domain.com/servlet/helloworld.jsp -doesnt work and generates a
404 error;

The requested resource (/servlet/helloworld.jsp) is not available.

This works if Tomcat is set as follows but it breaks the other setup
above.

server.xml:
<Host name="Host" appBase="/path/to/public_html"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

<Context path="" docBase="" debug="0"/>

and remove $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Engine/Host/ROOT.xml

---

Is there another work around to get them both working? I believe, this
is the same setup we've had on the previous versions of Tomcat, we
simply want to place all the war/JSPs files in the public_html and
servlets as mentioned above.

Thanks,
Rizalino de Villeres