CPU throttling and thread termination are essential for shared
hosting. The only way to terminate bad application is kill VM.

.NET has Application Domains. You are able to unload it without
restart of hole VM.

I think it is alreadfy possible to make CPU throttling in Java and
even in Tomcat.

You can monitor threads and dynamically change priority.

--
Best regards,
 Dima                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]