On 4/18/07, Rashmi Rubdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That's it, you can then start Tomcat with startup.sh and access it at
http://localhost:8080/ by default, and remember to shut it down with
shutdown.sh and not CtrlC

Then, to see a simple JSP application, create a new folder under
Tomcat's webapps folder.
Put a JSP file with any text there. You can then access the JSP at
http://localhost:8080/SomeFolder/somefile.jsp , in this case
SomeFolder is known as the application's context.

Anything in the ROOT context appears immediately after the slash here:
http://localhost:8080/

Ah, you make me happy. It works perfectly standalone. So it appears my
issue is with either Apache or mod_jk, not with Tomcat. Which is odd,
because no error messages have appeared in mod_jk.log. So maybe it's
Apache I'm having troubles with.

I'm doing a 'JkMount /path/to/jmarks/*.jsp ajp13' in my Apache
configuration, as I said, plus an alias to the webapps folder—do I
need another configuration directive somewhere to finish it up?

Is there anything more I can plead from this list or would my problem
be best dealt with elsewhere?

Thanks.