To test the TimerTask theory - I'd suggest changing the TimerTask to run at 12:30 and see the next crash

-Tim

Pid wrote:
Martin Cavanagh wrote:

Each time when Tomcat has crashed, it has been at midnight.  At exactly
midnight my program changes log directorys - from 20-09-2007 to
21-09-2007.  This is a TimerTask.  A thread which runs at exactly
midnight....at each of these crashes it has reported "Can't create
directory '\.cs-aterm\logs\SYSTEM\2007-09-25'".  I can't help wondering
if that might somehow be related.  However if that happens, it should
result in no logs being produced, not in Tomcat crashing.