My logs are being being redirected to other directorys, where log levels are being applied. This are just the tomcat logs, since its tomcat which is crashing.

The logs from stdout are just cases where things are still (or also) being written to Std out -which is the exception rather than the rule.

Pid wrote:
Martin Cavanagh wrote:

Each time when Tomcat has crashed, it has been at midnight.  At exactly
midnight my program changes log directorys - from 20-09-2007 to
21-09-2007.  This is a TimerTask.  A thread which runs at exactly
midnight....at each of these crashes it has reported "Can't create
directory '\.cs-aterm\logs\SYSTEM\2007-09-25'".  I can't help wondering
if that might somehow be related.  However if that happens, it should
result in no logs being produced, not in Tomcat crashing.

Is this the case for all 3 shutdown instances?

If so, I'd suggest that understanding why that is happening will lead
you to the cause of the shutdown...

You're not really logging much from your app it would appear - is there
any way to increase the logging level, or haven't you got much in the
way of logging in the code?

Con-Sense-GmbH
__
_Martin Cavanagh_