----- Original Message ----- From: "Vishwa Chary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 12:12 AM
Subject: Re: tomcat 6 build from source-code

Thanks Johnny for the reply but I have completed all those steps
i)getting the source code
ii)updating build.properties
iii)downloading dependencies (ant download)
iv)executing ant command (ant deploy)

I guess there is one more step to execute "dist" task for distributed-copy
format which  I'm missing!

No the dist stuff is just Javadoc, and samples

Those scripts should be there...
The version I know that works is... SVN 6.013

An easy way to check is that after the SVN...(before any ants)... if you look at the folders, the BIN folder already has all those scripts.
All the ant does is copy them to output/bin

After the
ant

it should be looking just like the BIN version, without samples

If its not there, perhaps the SVN is a work in progress, just drop back a version