Hi Chuck,

I did see reference to that OOM killer, but the VM we are running on is 64
bit Windows.

I was referring to the heap memory usage.

any suggestions on where else to look?

cheers,

David
x54680

"Caldarale, Charles R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
05/15/2008 11:53 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Tomcat suddenly dies without a whisper

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Tomcat suddenly dies without a whisper
>
> When under load (heavy but not excessive) we suddenly find
> tomcat dies, without any error messages we can find.

Sounds like the Linux OOM killer (if the guest OS that Tomcat's on is
Linux, of course).

> Memory looks good.

What memory are you referring to?  Java heap?  Linux RAM + swap?  VM
allocation?

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.