> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat suddenly dies without a whisper
>
> I did see reference to that OOM killer, but the VM we are
> running on is 64 bit Windows.

I'm a bit confused by your terminology.  I took your first message to
imply that you were running in a virtualized environment, but your most
recent message seems to indicate otherwise.  Does "VM" in your messages
really mean JVM?  What JVM version are you using?  Which version of
Windows?

Have you checked *all* of the Tomcat logs?  Are you perhaps getting a
normal shutdown?

Are you running Tomcat as a service?  If so, try running it with the
startup.bat script instead; you may get some more information out of
that.

If running as a service, is someone or some periodic maintenance task
terminating that service?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.