From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgai...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 12:12 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL
'null'

at last count there are 16 different supported drivers for Postgres
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html#current

which driver are you implementing?

BTW here the url should be
jdbc:postgresql://host:port/database

contents of %POSTGRES_HOME%/data/postgresql.conf:

listen_addresses = 'localhost'        # what IP address(es) to listen
on;
                    # comma-separated list of addresses;
                    # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
                    # (change requires restart)
port = 5432
assuming the host and port are identical the URL should be..
jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/databaseask your DBA what the name of
the DB is..
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official
business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and
Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended
recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within
this transmission.