Stanley Wong wrote:
> Thanks, David.
>
> Unfortunately, it still fails.
>
> Does it have other tools that we may use to get more clues?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Stanley

Unfortunately I'm out of ideas at this point.  Everything in front of me
suggests this should be working at this point.  If I were you, I would
go through the JNDI howto on tomcat's website step by step in a parallel
webapp and see if you can get the examples there to work.  After getting
that to work, compare what you have with that to see where the
differences are.  I've done this setup many, many times and have
consistently been able to get it working almost from the first try.

One last thought -- looking back through the thread, I can't see where
this might have been mentioned, but is this tomcat install a genuine
tomcat from tomcat.apache.org or is this a third party repackage?  If
it's a third party repackage (possibly from a linux vendor), try your
webapp with a genuine tomcat downloaded from tomcat.apache.org.  If that
fixes anything, you might want to either replace the third party package
or contact people maintaining your linux distribution for help.

--David