Hello!

I was asked to set up a Tomcat's proxy server in Windows (using XP SP2).
I am a total newbie on this and had never done this type of Web server
setup before.

Here is what I did so far based on reading documentations and
searching (e.g., http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/setup.html,
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/proxy-howto.html), and most of
them seem to be geared toward UNIX/Linux versions than Windows
(compiling, editing files like httpd.conf which I can't find, etc.).:

1. Installed the required latest Sun's JRE v6u13.
2. Downloaded and installed
http://www.archicentral.com/mirrors/apache/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.18/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0.18.exe

(Apache Tomcat Core).
3. Saw Apache Tomcat's system tray icon. I opened it up to see its
screen, but did not seeing anything about proxy.

What am I missing to set up a proxy server with it?
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/proxy-howto.html mentioned
compilations (don't I already have compiled Tomcat?), httpd.conf (can't
find it), etc.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Not to engage in the pursuit of ideas is to live like ants instead of
men." --Mortimer J. Adler
| |o   o| |         Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net
   \ _ /                 E-mail: phi...@earthlink.net or a...@zimage.com
    ( )