> > http://www.google.com/search?q=tomcat+pac+script reveal that the
> > relationships.
>
> If you actually took a look at what the search found, you'd see that the
> relationship is ... nothing.  Mostly hits on a similarly confused thread from
> a while back.

Oh. Strange results then.

> > Here is the scenario from her based on Tomcat:
> > 1. Install the latest binaries of TomCat(6.0.18)
> > http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi and use the generic setup(we
> > don't need a lot of optimizations).
>
> What do you intend to do with CGI on Tomcat?  httpd does that better, but
> nothing in your requirements listed so far indicate any need for CGI.

CGI? That URL gives me download links. I downloaded
http://www.urlstructure.com/apache/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.18/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0.18.exe

("Core: Windows Service Installer (pgp, md5)").

> > 2. Setup Tomcat's proxy server and make sure it works on a client(needs
> > to be physically different machine than server).
>
> There is no "Tomcat proxy server", as we keep trying to tell you.

I know that. That is what the original request said. I was sharing to
show what the goals were.

> > 3. Surf on the client machine with the configured Internet
> > Explorer (IE) to use Tomcat's proxy server and see if the
> > websites show up via Tomcat.
>
> There is no "Tomcat proxy server", as we keep trying to tell you.
>
> > 4. Create a proxy auto-config (PAC) file and set it up so that it sends
> > a proxy configuration from the tomcat server to your client machine.
>
> There is no "Tomcat proxy server", as we keep trying to tell you.
>
> > Are we confused
>
> Seriously confused.  As Chris keeps pointing out, you can likely use
> httpd for this, but there are simpler solutions.  Tomcat serves no
> purpose here.

OK and thanks.
--
"Not to engage in the pursuit of ideas is to live like ants instead of
men." --Mortimer J. Adler
| |o   o| |         Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net
   \ _ /                 E-mail: phi...@earthlink.net or a...@zimage.com
    ( )