> From: Phillip Pi [mailto:a...@zimage.com]
> Subject: Re: Newbie Question with Apache Tomcat v6.0.18 in Windows XP
> SP2.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=tomcat+pac+script reveal that the
> relationships.

If you actually took a look at what the search found, you'd see that the
relationship is ... nothing.  Mostly hits on a similarly confused thread from a
while back.

> Here is the scenario from her based on Tomcat:
> 1. Install the latest binaries of TomCat(6.0.18)
> http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi and use the generic setup(we
> don't need a lot of optimizations).

What do you intend to do with CGI on Tomcat?  httpd does that better, but
nothing in your requirements listed so far indicate any need for CGI.

> 2. Setup Tomcat's proxy server and make sure it works on a client(needs
> to be physically different machine than server).

There is no "Tomcat proxy server", as we keep trying to tell you.

> 3. Surf on the client machine with the configured Internet
> Explorer (IE) to use Tomcat's proxy server and see if the
> websites show up via Tomcat.

There is no "Tomcat proxy server", as we keep trying to tell you.

> 4. Create a proxy auto-config (PAC) file and set it up so that it sends
> a proxy configuration from the tomcat server to your client machine.

There is no "Tomcat proxy server", as we keep trying to tell you.

> Are we confused

Seriously confused.  As Chris keeps pointing out, you can likely use httpd for
this, but there are simpler solutions.  Tomcat serves no purpose here.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.