Chetan Chheda wrote:
We are going to regression test it in non - prod environments. I agree with going to the latest version, but our application is only supported on 1.4.2 So I am thinking 1.5 would be a smaller jump than 1.6.
I doubt it. If it will run on 1.5 (which it most likely will), it will run on 1.6. The jump from 1.4 to 1.5 is much bigger than the one from 1.5 to 1.6. I moved my app from TC 5.5.15 running under jvm 1.5.0_12 directly to TC 6.0.17 or .18 (I don't recall which) under jvm 1.6.latest, and it ran absolutely unchanged except that it was much faster (could handle more concurrent requests). Exactly zero code changes required in over 300 classes. The initial jump from 1.4.something to 1.5 was quite painless as well, but I wanted some of the new code features in 1.5, so I never did extensive testing under of the 1.4 code until I had my 1.5 modifications done.